How to make our Culture of Innovation sustainable?
How to make our Culture of Innovation sustainable?The keys for innovation in your organization to be sustainable over time, as happens to organizations like 3M, GE, Google and many others from different sectors and sizes are:
- Creation of an Innovation Sandbox where:
- The rules are the constant questioning of the status quo of what and how we do things.
- The experimentation and the continuous learning is the maxim.
- A coach leadership that acts coherently between what it says and what it does.
- Teams fully dedicated to stimulating the use of the Innovation Sandbox throughout the organization.
- Have virtual spaces where all people can contribute ideas, that others improve them and turn them into opportunities. Something similar to what Wikipedia is.
- Definir indicadores de:
- Failures and their learning.
- Fresh market, where we measure the contribution to the business of innovations.
- Recognition of the contributions. And not just the successes. Everyone adds!
- ROI of innovation, which should help improve our efficiency between the investments made and the results obtained.
- Having a team of Innovation Catalysts, with the presence of senior management and external parties, to ensure that the message that this is important is clear (presence of senior management) and ensuring that the concepts, methods and tools of innovation are being applied (presence of external).
Fran Chuan, speaker, trainer, entrepreneur and promoter of the culture of innovation.
With more than two books on the market, Innovation 2.0 and Authenticity, among others, Fran works with the management teams of companies, both in strategic design and teaching workshops, to include a culture of innovation in the leadership style, strategy and DNA of corporate culture.